Pages

Friday 25 May 2018

Twilight - 1



After iftari, I headed towards the Hafeez Center, It is a well-known market in Lahore for sale and purchase of tech gadgets. I had been there twice before but with a friend… I was looking for an appropriate parking, there was a huge empty space next to it. A guy screamed, yes this is parking space and handed over me a ticket. I parked my car, covered myself with a pretty huge scarf, picked up the things and start walking towards the target.
Uh oh… I forgot to mention the purpose of going there; I went there to sell out my mobile phone. So this was my first visit alone to this market at 9:23 PM. Suddenly I realized I am the desired object of people around… young or old guys gaping stupidly. You can hardly spot girls in this market. Unfortunately I could not act like a movie heroine to ask, hey what are you staring at? πŸ˜›
All of a sudden, a guy was about to bump his motor bike into me purposely and the other guy stating him amusingly “Yar kia ker rehy ho, lerki  ko marna hy”. I ignored and moved on with a grumpy face. As soon as I stepped in the market, a guy inquired me, Do you want to sell the mobile, I nodded my head and he said come here, I just go into that first shop at the corner… there were 4 guys in that small shop, I told the main guy that I want to sell this phone and he said please have a seat… I took a chair and sat in front of him like a scared child sitting opposite to the teacher. The guy expressions sharp but I am no less πŸ˜›
A conversation started between us and he tested the device from every perspective and took 20 to 25 minutes almost…
Finally we locked the deal. He got my ID card copy and I filled a form also for him, Later he gave me the amount and I almost snatched the money and tucked it in my wallet and he insisted me to count. Actually I was not in a mood to stay there anymore…. I said its okay and rushed out.
He smiled and I tried to smile back but I could not….
Heading towards the parking, I was thinking millions of scenarios in my head…
P.S : I’m a very shy person and to go at a crowded place like this all by myself and bargaining was a big achievement for me πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›
Yay, I did it. πŸ‘»





12 comments:

  1. This is very well written piece of work about something that young girls have to face daily. Nice work, Shama :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shama may kill me but I thought I should say welcome. By the way, don't be anonymous. Face me :P Look in my eyes when you talk, bruv!

      Delete
  2. Brave work to get all this stuff done in a city as murky as Lahore and a place as crowded as Hafeez Centre. Also, the whole thing is written very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaar ye Hafeez Centre Lahore ka Bank Road hy ya Sadar? :P Looks like a pretty horrific place!

      Delete
  3. Look who is back with the iPad and the blog!

    It is so good to see you getting back to writing your ideas out, welcome back and looking forward to reading you a lot more frequently.

    PS: Meanwhile, I hope you got a good price :P Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice read about our everyday struggles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lahori! I am amazed that no one stopped you from going there alone. You maybe new to Lahore. Please avoid crowded areas for your own safety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Pukhtoon, I am not Lahori :p See I amaze people :D
    Okie I would avoid next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xcuzme. Yeh pakhtoon ni hy Punjabi jee. Aaap humari zaat ko na bolo. Thanks and like teh blogs. Aap punjabi log think we duffers but we rocks you shocks!

      Delete
    2. Hey Asim, chill bro, she was just being funny. In other words, tension ni leni pathan bhai.

      Delete