Life is not complex. We are complex. When we stop doing the wrong things and start doing the right things, life is simple and trouble-free. It’s Monday today, but I can’t talk until Friday. That’s the rule. A couple of hours, some refreshments, and a bit of conversation are all great. But, while I am blogging, I feel good. Writing off after a long time although…
1. Make use of the word no.
2. Simplify, simplify, simplify!
3. Never rely on a single point of failure.
4. Stop doing wicked things simply because you can.
5. Start communicating clearly because most problems, big and small, within a family, friendship, or business relationship, start with bad communication.
6. Start focusing on quality.*tee hee* relates to my job as well :P so high quality is worth more than any quantity, in possessions, friends and experiences. Truly ‘rich’ people need less to be happy.
7. Live a comfortable life, not a wasteful one.
8. Too many people buy things they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t know. Do not spend to impress others because you can never make them happy. This is fact *wink*
9. Start spending time with nice people who are smart, ambitious and likeminded.
10. Surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be.
11. Choose friends who you are proud to know, people you admire, who love and respect you – people who make your day a little brighter simply by being in it.
12. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you. When you free yourself of negative people, you free yourself to be YOU – and being YOU is the simplest way to live.
13. Accpet people just the way they are. In most cases it’s impossible to change them anyway, and it’s rude to try. So save yourself from pointless anxiety. Instead of trying to adjust others, give them your support and lead by example.
14. Avoid future headaches by doing things right the first time. Always put your best foot forward. Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment. Why give less than 100%? Life is too short to waste it by living less your full potential.
15. Focus on the things you can control and do something about them. Those who complain the most accomplish the least. And when you spend time worrying, you’re simply using your imagination to create things you don’t want.
16. Spend less time gossiping about problems and more time helping yourself and others solve them.
17. Stay out of people’s needless drama and don’t create your own.
18. Focus on being everything to someone. Helping or pleasing everyone is impossible. But making one person smile can change the world. Maybe not the whole world, but their world. So narrow your focus and be yourself.
19. Accept responsibility for everything in your life. Blaming others accomplishes nothing and prolongs the complications you’re facing. Either you own your problems, or they will own you. Choice is yours.
20. Plan and work toward specific goals. Make a list of your top 3 - 5 goals. What’s most important to you? What do you value most? What 3 - 5 things do you most want to do in your life? Simplifying your life starts with these priorities, as you are trying to make room in your life so you have more time for these things.
21. Start open your mind to making positive changes. If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting. Many times we live with unplanned, complex systems in our lives simply because we haven’t given them much thought.
22. Clear your clutter. Get rid of stuff you don’t use and then organize what’s left.
23. Unsubscribe from useless e-lists and news feeds, and keep the TV off. Limit your time on Facebook, Twitter, CNN.com and start reading.
24. Be present. Paying more attention to the current moment can make a huge difference in simplifying your life. It keeps you aware of life, of what’s going on around you and within you.
25. Learn from your mistakes, then smile and move on. No matter how smart you are, you will make mistakes. Trying to avoid them will only waste time and complicate your life. There is a lesson in every mistake you make, and learning the lesson is how you move forward.
26. Sleep eight hours every night. A tired mind is over-stressed and rarely productive. Your health is your life, don’t let it go. Eat right, exercise and get an annual physical check-up.
27. Look out for yourself when it comes to close relationships. It’s better to WAIT, and give your hand to someone who will never let go, rather than holding on to the outside of a hand that has never fully opened for you. If someone wants you in their life, they’ll make room for you. You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot. Never, ever insist yourself to someone who continuously overlooks your value. Remember, anyone can come into your life and say how much they love you. But it takes someone really special to stay in your life and show you how much they love you. So slow it down. True love is worth the wait.
28. Let hate go! Keep your sights set on the future. Holding on to hate and anger is like grasping hot coals with the intent of throwing them at someone else – you are the one who gets burned.
29. Accept the fact that there is a lot you don’t know. Nobody has it all figured out. Nobody knows more than a tiny fraction of what’s going on in the world. Why? Because the world is simply way too vast for any one person to know everything well
30. Practice this golden rule. If you want love, give love. If you want friends, be friendly. If you want money, provide value. It works. It really is this simple.
Last but not least, be honest with yourself and everyone else. Don’t cheat. Be faithful. Be kind. Do the right thing! It is a less complicated way to live. Integrity is the essence of everything successful. When you break the rules of integrity you invite serious complications into your life. Keep life simple and enjoyable by doing what you know in your heart is right. *smiles*