It’s summers again. Summers are sweaty, sticky and hot. *sad face* As it is said prevention is better than cure, summer heat can be dangerous - even deadly - if you don't take the proper precautions.
Here are few basic tips …
- During the hottest hours, stay inside.
- Dress lightly.
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids. When temperature climbs, it's important to drink at least a gallon of liquid per day, preferably water.
- Keep blinds and curtains closed from morning until the late afternoon to block extra direct heat from sunlight.
- Keep stock of ice creams and fresh fruits in your freezer so that you can eat them whenever you feel like
- Fruits like watermelon, pineapple and lemons would be a great option
- Use mint and menthol products to keep your skin cool.
- Shower with peppermint soap & shampoo would be a great option to go for.
- Use cold cucumber slice, ice cube and keep it on your forehead
- If you have long hair tie your hair up.
- Always have bottle of water with you. Carry it wherever you move.
- Have an umbrella to avoid hot sun. Have any color other than black color. Light colors reflect heat. Black color absorbs heat. Therefore, avoid wearing black dress and umbrella.
And now for the people who need to survive without an air-conditioner, it is just beyond imagination. Now how can you survive the scorching summer heat without an air-conditioner?
Well if we reverse and go back to the time where there were no air-conditioners people used to be happy and survive with whatever facility they had then. With modernization people’s thinking too became modern and they started adapting themselves to modern facilities.
Here are some ideas which would help you manage your unpleasant summer into a pleasant one without AC
- Close your windows especially the ones that are facing east and west, to prevent letting the hot air to come in only at day time.
- Close your doors (same purpose)
- "Store" as many cool air as possible on the night before the day is going to be hot (open up your windows, balcony doors)
- Don’t use your computer if not necessary, it generates heat at the back of your computer.
- Don’t play 3D games that will put strain on your video card, as it will also generate more heat to the room.
- Don’t watch tv – it generates heat.
- Put a big block of ice inside your room (pour some water into a big bucket or bowl and store it into your freezer). Won’t affect much, but better than nothing!
- Take a cold shower before you go to sleep, it helps. Then, pray that you can sleep before the cooling sensation gets away.
- Turn off as many lights as possible, as they will generate heat that you don’t usually realize.
- Don’t cook or turn on your stove for any reason!! If you really have to eat at home, so better, eat outside.
- If you really need an air conditioner, go to a friend’s house that has one, and start complaining how hot it is till he/she turns it on.
- Hahahha and yes every Summer has a story and our story is going on... unforgettable summers with Zill e Arsh, Maliha Sabah & Marrukh keen :P aa Ublaa hva pani... aaa maked man la la la la la la *Evil Grin*