Pages

Monday, 5 December 2011

Today’s Achievement – Finally I did it *smiles*


Well, em not getting the words from where to start – hmmmm… I never been good in household chores and all home related things.

I have down pat the day when I shifted to my aunt`s place in March 2005 – around 6 years back , I were too childish at that time. I had to go to university early in the morning and at aunt’s place everybody sleeping, since my childhood I ‘am in routine to get breakfast – if breakfast is missing – seems life is dull and em drowsy around  the clock- that time I used  to share room with aunt’s daughter, I used to ask her with childlike face , hey I need breakfast –though she was sleepy enough – used to go to kitchen and confer me some food – but this continued for three or four days and the next day when I ask her for breakfast, she said, go to the kitchen – turn on the stove, put some oil, fry an egg and slice etc. I never did this before so it made me cry, that moment I missed my mum so much. Every morning she used to say, Shama have your breakfast first and I always says no no no – even she used to make lunch box for me :) awww mum I love you so much, I miss that time so bad – its been 6,7 years – no one ever said shama first have your breakfast *tears*

Anyways, I could not turn ON the stove and left for university and it became a routine to go without breakfast- though it was my fault or I was too young to turn ON a stove. To turn ON a stove em always depenednet on others – ever biggest issue of life *smiles*  somedays back I was with my dad- I used to make tea for him and as soon as I used to be in kitchen, calling him loudly  ‘Dad please help me to turn ON the stove’ and he used to come and told me that how to do it – turn on the lighter and with other hand press the knob. But I could not as I always find it scarey – at times my brothers used to do it for me!!

Sometimes em hungry and alone at home – there is something in fridge that I can fry – oh cheese rolls – yum yum, my favourite but the  next moment a thought pop up in mind – you cant turn ON the stove so sit here silently *grumpy face* like Looney tunes show - seems weird at times!!

Few days ago, in the morning – me and my room mate were getting ready for office – she asked me to boil eggs – I took two eggs, put them in saucepan ,added water and put it on stove but dint turn ON the stove as em not good in that – when we were about to leave, she said bring the eggs – em with a strait face said oh I dint turn ON the stove – she took the eggs from water and put them back in cupboard and said ok leave!!
Nowadays my room mate is on vacations and all day long I only used to eat fruits or dine out because this bloody stove – there should be a magic stick to turn it ON – ahhhhh – I asked the lady here to turn it On for me yesterday – she said em not your servant and cant come up stairs to turn it ON every time you need – learn it- I said No I cant – she tried to teach me but all in vain, yesterday evening I asked another girl here that please turn it ON for me…
She said come here em teaching you for the first and last time – how mean :@ but I dint utter any word.

And finally today, just 4 hours back, i were reading a book and I thought there should be hot choclate milk – but at the same time I thought how to make it hot :p haha
I get up, had been to the kitchen ,push the button and rotate the knob towards left – the was a sound – zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz- now the next scarey moment, I hold the match box and yes lighten up the match stick and throw it on the stove and it worked – yay yay – it really worked *smiles*
Success and finally I overcome this fear & enjoyed hot choclate milk. This is really a big achivement for me in 24 years and em so happy!!

Love you all xx

26 comments:

  1. coool you did it :) whr is my hot choclate milk :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha adee - You make me laugh :D

    Go to your kitchen & make it for urself :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, looks like you solved a maze puzzle :)

    Anyways, good to be self sufficient. One correction here :) You should first lighten up the match stick and then open the stove nob to release gas. This is because if you have already opened the nob and somehow you get late in lightening the match stick, gas can spread around and can cause damage to your face / clothes etc. So be careful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hawt chocolate..yummy... :) wese there are automatic stoves avaialble when you turn the knob it lights up so you can have one of those :) i did an adventure yesterday for the first time i tried to cook something becoz mess is off...and after reading endless recipes, i decided to make boiled rice...and after 1 hour of cooking, i decided to have my instant noodles as cooking is not mere bus ki bat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm okay... I don't believe this. You don't know how to turn on a stove??? Not impressive Shama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. shama atlast you did turned it on :P bhook insan se kiya kuch kerwa daiti hai

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Nadeem - haha it was much more than a maze puzzle :D
    yeah i would be careful next time :p thanks :)

    @Israr - yeap it was yummie :P My Bad automatic stoves are not available at motti`s place - it seems a stove ov 1960's - i mean belongs to your age :P
    oh hahahahaha instant noodles -aww you poor soul :p at the end these instant noodles are blessing for US!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chocolate milk !

    Did you see I give you an award .

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ WarmSunshine - :(
    it was not impressive but now i learnt so its impressive :P

    @Suleman - hahahha yeah true :D

    @IZdiher - yeah me too :)

    nops i dint see - let me check :) thanks honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh... so thats why you finally turned the stove on as it was of your age :P great...

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahahaha - :D No No NO - it belongs to your age :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. im 3 years younger than you so the stove is 3 years younger than you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahahaha - aik he baat hy :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't relate because I have always loved cooking but it must be a great feeling indeed to have accomplished something that's been troubling you:) Congrats for the hot chocolate must have tasted amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to have hot chocolate so badly now! :( You tempted me!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha it's like me.. you know I am fond of eating and cooking, I learnt cooking many dishes in past 2 years like baking Chinese, Italian, Desi Continental but when it comes to opening up the stove, I turn it on and throw the match stick on it and sometime it takes me 5-6 match sticks to make it happen :) and my mom is like :@

    ReplyDelete
  18. @PeeVee - mmmm em fond ov eating but not cooking, oh yeah at times i love to cook!! thanks :)

    @PhilO - Come to pakistan i would make choclate milk for you :)

    @Sadaf - hahahaha sadaf i can understand and mum's are always like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. u'r such a good story teller ! glad I have my mom to make my chocolate milk and unlike you I'm going nowhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're afraid of turning the knob? I find lighting the stove with a match ten times scarier. When I went to Pakistan a four years ago I pretty much died witnessing that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Rohit - thanks and Lucky You that your mum is with ya :)

    @Beyond Timid - yeap i was afraid ov turning the knob - and once i turned it On - i was unable to lighten the match stick :) it was scary but i did it finally :P hahaha @ pretty much died witnessing :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! Thanks for stopping by http://culinarycozies.blogspot.com

    I love your blog and now I'm following you too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aoa sweets :) here's the link, listen to it i hope itll answer your question. =)
    love xx
    http://www.islamicspirituality.org/general/692/nikah-ii

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on this achievement... its really a big and sweet achievement ... I really like the last part... you throw the match stick on stove :D

    Really an interesting and joyful story to read... :)

    ReplyDelete